Dental Health Check
At the Hamworthy Dental Practice our ethos is to keep your teeth healthy for life. We believe prevention is very important, as research has shown that members of the population who attend their Dentist and Hygienist regularly have healthier teeth and gums, and require less dental treatment than those who do not attend regularly.
We therefore recommend that you see a dentist for a routine examination on a regular basis, especially if you have filled teeth or are susceptible to gum problems or decay.
This appointment is a good opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have about your teeth or gums, even if it is a minor concern.
At this appointment the dentist will.
- Ask you if there are any changes in your health and or medication changes since your last appointment.
- Enquire about your smoking and drinking habits as this affect your oral health
- Discuss with you your concerns and answer any questions you might have.
- Examine your dental condition, gum condition, tooth wear and jaw joints. In addition we will carry out a mouth cancer screening.
- Take x-rays, if required, and discuss the condition of your mouth with you. Using intra-oral camera technology provides a great way to show our patients their teeth in magnified detail.
- We will discuss the options and treatment plans available and give a written break-down of cost.