A good oral hygiene routine at home is the most important factor in preventing gum disease, but your needs will differ as time passes and the mouth changes, so you will need new oral care techniques during different phases of your life. The hygienist will monitor your oral health and provide the most appropriate advice.
Regular appointments with the hygienist will be dedicated to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. It will involve the following;
- Recording the existing health of your gums.
- Removal of any plaque/tartar deposits from roots and crowns of teeth.
- Removal of staining on teeth.
- Instruction on how to improve/maintain the health of your gums.
- Recommendations on oral hygiene products.
- Recommendations on frequency of future visit
Tracey, Josie and Vicki, the Hygienists at Hamworthy Dental Practice will be able to provide you with regular advice and oral health care. Your hygienists really are the proof of the old adage, ‘prevention is better than cure!’